11.16.2006


I have been lame at posting on this blog folks. Sorry for those that read it... I am working out more specific scheduling so that I have it as a set part of my week rather than whenever I feel like doing it... But, that being said... I found another great quote from "Religion, Our True Interest" by Thomas Watson... Check it out:

"O the mischief of thoughts! A man may deny God in his thoughts, 'The fool has said in his heart there is no God' (Psalm 14.1). He may commit adultery in his thoughts, 'Whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her in his heart' (Mat.5.28). A man may murder another in his thoughts, 'Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer' (1John 3.15). O how much contemplative wickedness is in the world! Tremble at sinful thoughts. We startle at gross sin, but we are not troubled so much for sinful thoughts."

That was sobering for me to remember. Let us not think that we are escaping sin when we commit it in our minds... God looks upon the heart and sees our very thoughts... He calls us to live a life for Him outwardly, but also in our mind and our heart.

2 comments:

joel sczebel said...

it's a good quote.

joel sczebel said...

I love this guy, but you need to post.