2.07.2007


So last week was pretty interesting. I forgot to tell my readers about last week...
The fun began on Wednesday night... I got to spend my first evening at the Turbedsky home since I have been here in San Diego (i'm not bitter at all, Eric, i understand completely) It was very enjoyable... I got a free meal, I got to dance around to Nirvana with his kids, I got to wrestle his kids, I got to be "the bull" in a game of "bull rider" in which one of them would get on my back and I would try and get them off... Then we had races... Then we wrestled again... Then they got pyjamas on... Then we read books. By the end of the night Natalie, their little girl, had finally warmed up to me and decided that I was worthy of a hug before she went to bed. After the munchkins were in bed Eric and I talked about worship stuff for a while and then I decided that I needed to be faithful to my 10.30pm bedtime so I said 'goodbye' around 10.15 and walked out to my car. I went to put the key in the door, and realized that I was standing in pile of glass. Someone had smashed my window. As I began to search through the car to see if they had stolen anything, I realized that all my camera equipment was in the back of the car and it was all still there... which was a relief, but then I realized that my dads custom guitar (which he lent to me for the period while I was going to be in San Diego) was gone. They had stolen it. Obviously they were in a rush... the cop told me 30seconds more and they would've had the car... and there was nothing stopping them from taking all the camera equipment as well.

So that was the first interesting day of the week. The next day was spent trying to get my drivers side window fixed... Calling places to see who was cheapest... They ended up coming right to my car and doing it within an hour... it was quick. The rest of the day thursday I spent fighting my temptation towards bitterness and anger. So then thursday night I woke up at 2.30am and was deathly ill.

Spent the next 8hrs feeling terribly nasty. I don't think I need to describe that part of being sick. We all know what its like... The last thing I want is a bunch of graphic depictions of me running to the bathroom on my blog. Was sick all day friday. Ate my first item of food on saturday morning... saturday I was beginning to feel better and then I seemed to pick up something of a cold. Barely managed to lead on sunday for worship, I had no voice at all in rehearsal and the team preayed for me and it seemed as though God removed it for worship and then it was back right after...

I still don't have much voice. But God is good. I had a thought in the middle of my flu on friday, "If this is what it means for me to suffer... then God is being pretty nice to me."

I am resting in His hands. He knows why we get sick, He knows why guitars get stolen and windows get smashed... He is sovereignly in control of all of it... Nothing goes beyond His reach... WHAT A TRUTH TO REST IN! We can always rest in the fact that He is good and that He is working all things for His glory and our good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We can always rest in the fact that He is good and that He is working all things for His glory and our good."
such an encouraging reminder...thank you.