3.19.2007


Sorry folks. I am back. I was home for ten days visiting with my family and Beth. It was a refreshing trip. I couldn't say that it went off without a hitch though... God is definitely getting at my heart in lots of ways.... He is slowly teaching me a lot of things. One thing that I have noticed lately has been my growing awareness of how decietful my heart is. I whole heartedly agree with Jeremiah "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?" (Jer. 17.9) Somehow I can be completely decieved into thinking that I am not sinning even when I blatantly am... Our battle against sin is an intense battle... I keep thinking about a line from "School of Rock" that goes 'well you're not hardcore, unless you live hardcore...' Our battle against sin is hardcore. The enemy never rests in his attacking of our souls... He never ceases to put fresh things in front of us to tempt us... This encouraged me today...

"Oh the day when free from sinning
I shall see thy lovely face
Clothed then in blood washed linen
How I'll sing thy sovereign grace!
Come, Oh Lord, no longer tary!
Take my ransomed soul away,
Send thine angels me to carry
Into relms of endless day!"

1 comment:

Ricky Alcantar said...

joshua.
we, (ricky, liana, and kara.) have decided that you look like a cross of
kevin max and johnny depp.
have a nice day, my friend.