
I just started writing another post on proverbs... It had some teeth to it, I think it could've been good, but as I was typing I felt like it wasn't the right post for today, I need Gospel truth, "I NEED GOSPEL! I NEED GOSPEL!" I thought to myself. I thought it a strange thing to be yelling at myself (in my head), but I also realized that any desire for Gospel truth does not come from me. I really believe that the spirit has been stirring in my heart to preach the Gospel to myself more and more... That being said... here it is.
I have been struggling under a large weight of condemnation lately. What does the Bible say about condemnation? I always go to Romans 8 \\ "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit... So then brothers, we are debtors... The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs —heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ..." \\
There is no condemnation, WHY? Because we have been set free from the law of sin and death. HOW? Because God the Father sent His only Son into the world to live a perfect life, to die with ALL OF MY SINS and your sins upon His shoulders that He might give us the perfect, spotless robe of His righteousness. We were dead. We were dead in our sin, we had no desire in ourselves to seek God. He had to make a way, and He did make a way. We now have access into the presence of God through the death of Christ Jesus our Lord.
Our sin has been completely paid for. It is forgotten. When we stand before God one day, we will be able to look upward and say, "I'm with Him"
no condemnation. its not biblical.
5.02.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey Josh, miss you. I really enjoy reading your blog. I don't always have something to say, but I always enjoy what you have to say and your pictures. Just thought I'd let you know I was looking at it.
Love ya
thanks.
I appreciate.
that .
some.
one. reads this.
its encouraging.
Hey, what else are aunts for? Don't answer that!
Can't wait to see you in June. Not too long now.
Post a Comment