
"We are righteous and sinners at the same time" - Luther -
I don't know why but this quote really struck me yesterday. Mark quoted it in his sermon yesterday. It isn't that complicated, but its so true. At all times we are righteous, because of Christ, and yet we are still in sin. Yesterday for example, I was leading worship and I was getting a bit angry with the way things were going, it didn't feel like it was going the way we rehearsed at all... I was angry, and yet I was leading God's people in worship... I look at those times and wonder why God allowed me to continue? I would say the answer is that He sees me as righteous. This is the amazing part about worship yesterday, I was so proud, so self-righteous, so angry... and then I just felt the gentle conviction of the Spirit, it was like He was saying to me, "don't worry about all of this... WORSHIP ME" I was hearing that during communion. So it took me three songs until I was beginning to realize my sin and how ugly it was... But once I was able to repent and turn my eyes to Jesus it felt as though this flood of grace came down upon me. We started to sing the words, "I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus of Nazarene, and wonder how he could love me a sinner condemned unclean" and then moving on to "Your blood has washed away my sin, Jesus Thank you, The Fathers wrath completely satisfied, Jesus Thank You, ONCE YOUR ENEMY NOW SEATED AT YOUR TABLE, Jesus Thank You"
I couldn't quite get out the words... I am righteous, but yet a sinner at the same time, confusing... but amazing.
5.07.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great example man.
Post a Comment