6.13.2007



"Some people just seem to think God is just sitting up there in heaven and He is just a eternal kill joy and enemy of pleasure, like He is just up there going,

"No you are going to home school your kids, listen to lame music and stay at home on Friday night or I'll kill all of you and send you to Hell. Cause thats just how I roll, thats how I do things, no creative ideas for you, you are going to rip off all the creative ideas from the world and put it on a t-shirt. You are going to say, Spirit instead of Sprite, a-bread-crumb and fitch instead of Abercrombie and fitch and you are doomed to live in this little bubble of boredom all the days of your lives because I am God and if you don't listen to me, I shall destroy you. "

The irony of that to me is that God is the author of every good thing, like it was HIS idea. I don't know when it all happened, when suddenly God became the enemy of happiness of joy and delight He is the author of all pleasure. Its Gods idea. Pleasure isn't a design defect, its his idea. "

Matt Chandler - Beyond the Sun
post credit-als (mysister)

No comments: