[photo credit:Beth
So I am thinking I might have made a not so good reputation for myself with my last post. That is not a typical day at the office. It was a one time thing.....
Today was pretty chaotic. I realized that trying to do admin type stuff is pretty hard. I was building a survey for the worship team, something that they can answer and then I can plug their answers into a spreadsheet and spit out a schedule. It is a good idea. The program was nuts though. And I was a bit brainless to on a couple of questions. So basically it made for a full day of survey junk. In which I was having many heart issues. I was complaining, I was angry, I was trusting in my own strength, it was terrible. By 12:30pm I needed to leave to get food in me and to read my bible. Thanks to the words of a friend I decided to open up Romans 1. The things that God began to do in my heart were powerful. I was reading about the wrath of God being revealed against all ungodliness. I was seeing my ungodliness. I was seeing myself so strongly in this passage. Scary. I saw how sinful I was being regarding a stupid survey. I felt sorta sick, I think it was the combination of the whopper and the conviction of sin. Oh but what would the book of Romans be without chapter 3? Inspite of my sin "a righteousness from God has been made known" / Then I flipped to Isaiah to see what my saviour endured for my sin. How God had to crush Him for me, the one who complains in the midst of an ocean of grace and mercy, and I was finally broken. I just walked to the park behind the office and shed tears, I don't know if they were all tears of repentance but also of Joy. The old old story is a joyful story.
I went back to that survey with a heart that had been freshly washed clean. I heart that had repented and been reminded of the grace in which I live.
p.s. Eric says I am the master of survey monkey and he is willing to outsource my work for a small fee.
9.20.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
amen. except with boxes, tape and a 3 yr old.
thanks for sharing that.
i have decided 'musings' is a very girly word. you should change it. you are just copying josh harris.
outstanding post josh. that's a really great thing. glad to see that you are growing so much.
we miss you.
matthew was going to do "matthew's musings" haaha i talked him out of it. but matt's expressions isn't much better...
als i just love your picture hahaa.
even though i look like a cracked egg in it. hahaa
i (heart) you als.
whoa i should stop commenting.
okay this is the last one.
it's just that everyone else has so many more comments. hope this makes you feel better now with all my comments. haaha.
i just thought 'wow, josh will be happy. his blog is actually getting traffic'.
and it's all kars. haha.
sorry. i found it funny.
{{i like the word musings. but it does sound almost girlish...}}
okay,..... question.
do you own mint green pants.
if so. you need to come home.
haaahaaa. josh is unique. i love it. his mint green pants were not edited, they are actually real. hahahaaa. no way.
Post a Comment