10.11.2006


I am leading worship this week. Something that I have done minimally in the last few months. It almost feels like it is my first time. We'll see how it goes. God has been so good in directing my attention to Him over the past few days. He has been helping me to grow, slowly but surely. Here is a small example:
I went to bed too late on monday and then I slept in tuesday morning because of it. When I rolled over and saw what time it was the first response that came out of my mouth not a pleasant one. I then struggled through my morning routine. I left almost 40 minutes later than I usually do. When I got near the mall on via Rancho it traffic was dead stopped. In that moment, I had a choice to make, I could listen to music or I could pray... I don't want to say that it was my good judgement that prompted me to choose the latter... it was definitely the Holy Spirit. I prayed the whole way to work. It took me just over an hour to drive 5 miles. When I finally pulled into "my" spot, I was able to thank God for his providence. I looked at how he "allowed" me to sleep in, which led to me being stuck in traffic, which led to me being able to set aside some specific time of prayer. He knew I needed to pray. He knew I hadn't been thinking much about Him or anything all weekend and he sovereignly ordained to make those events take place so that I would see the importance of sleep, the necessity of prayer, and hand of providence. He knew that when I saw all of those things I would be amazed and write a blog post about it thus magnifying His GREAT name.
God is so good. I can't stop saying those four words. His mercies are new every morning. That verse is TRUTH! We never wake to old mercy. We never have to scrounge about in the cookie jar of mercy to find a new one. Every morning the jar is completely full with the most delicious fresh treats of His kindness. We are so richly blessed.
So when it comes to the worship leading thing. I am really not concerned. He has already prepared the batch of cookies. The jar is full. Sunday morning as I lead His people, He WILL be glorified because he has already set it in motion so that the end result of that time of worship would bring Him the most glory...

wow.

6 comments:

Bart said...

Isn't the "The Cookie Jar of Mercy" a Gadbsy hymn?

karawarnock; said...

amazing words joshua.

i've been hearing a lot of "cookie" devotionals, blog posts, words, maybe it's a sign...

overthinker said...

amen. His mercies are new every morning...
I'm grateful that you use your blog to glorify God. Because that was exactly what i needed to hear today.






((kars: i made cookies this morning. haha))

beth said...

so good to read that before i head off to bed... new mercies await me tomorrow morning.
thanks josh
+beth

beth said...

p.s.
and "Let Your Kingdom Come" is such a good song...

Aly Sczebel said...

praying for you josh.