6.19.2007



Alright. As promised, here is post number one of an unknown number about the things that God has done in me since I've been in San Diego, California.

1) Scheduling Life.

So. Something that my dad has bothered me about for a long time (at least for the latter teenage years of my life) has been scheduling. I don't like to schedule. I never have, I doubt it will ever be something that I enjoy. But it is something that I really have started to appreciate since I've been here. I remember the first week that I was working here in the office I had a meeting with Eric and he made me a print out of every month that I was going to be here and we just started to look at the big picture. I remember thinking to myself, "this is the dumbest thing ever! why do we care what is happening in july next year?" But the more he kept on throwing information at me, the more I realized just how necessary it is.

I keep information in my head. I have managed to survive alright so far living that way. But as I am becoming an adult, and beginning to think like an adult, I am realizing that keeping lots of information in my head doesn't help me at all. It shrinks the amount of things that I can effectively take on... It holds me back. The more I can dump every task in my head into iCal (yes, apple is the best computer company ever!), the more capacity I have to take on greater tasks.

This is probably a bunch of garbage to most people. But this would probably be the first way that God has grown me largely. I am now getting to a place where I can help others in this area. Not that I've figured it out, but it has changed the way I think so much and helped me in so many ways that I feel like I'm not being a true friend to my friends if I don't try and encourage them to become planners!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey good post.
good thing to grow in.
but.
are those like, orthopedic shoes?

Aly Sczebel said...

i dig this picture.

its grand.

Anonymous said...

you always say " i dig this picture."

nate said...

Scheduling..
I can't say that I am very good at it myself.

BY the way what kind of shoes are those?

Oh, I like the picture too!